Northern Maine Medical Center Makes Changes to Visitation Policies
PRESQUE ISLE, Maine (WAGM) - With the rising threat of COVID-19 spread, Northern Maine Medical Center has made changes to its visitation policies, effective immediately.
According to NMMC, These changes were made after careful consideration of patient needs and the safety of everyone involved. The changes are as follows:
1. No visitors are allowed to Medical-Surgical, Intensive Care and Swing (Rehabilitation) Units except for end of life care.
2. No visitors are allowed on the Adult and Child-Adolescent Psychiatry Units.
3. No visitors are allowed at Forest Hill except for end-of-life situations.
4. No visitors are allowed in the Emergency Department (ED) except for end-of life situations. Limited visitation is allowed for pediatric patients in the ED.
5. One support person is allowed to escort a family member to the Operating Room.
6. One person is allowed to be present with a Mom during labor.
7. Waiting rooms and Family Rooms are not available to the public at this time. Family members may wait for patients outdoors as appropriate to the situation.
* All other situations are at the discretion of the physician and supervisor.
NMMC says, feel free to call at any time for further details about these changes and to inquire about a family member’s condition.
Copyright 2020 WAGM. All rights reserved.