Advertisement

Fire that killed Chelsea woman ruled accidental

The Fire Marshal's Office is continuing to investigate.
The Fire Marshal's Office is continuing to investigate.(Maine State Police)
Published: Jan. 5, 2022 at 12:15 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

CHELSEA, Maine (WABI) - A fire that killed a Chelsea woman on New Year’s Day has been ruled accidental.

Officials say the fire on Cheney Road was most likely caused because a stove burner was left on in the kitchen.

Ninety-five-year-old Gladys McGuire lived alone and was found dead inside the house.

Copyright 2022 WABI. All rights reserved.