Smoke Fills Patient Room at Madigan Estates, Caused By Faulty Lightbulb

Madigan
Madigan(.)
Published: Sep. 8, 2022 at 5:03 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Houlton, Maine (WAGM) - According to Jim Brown, the Administrator at Madigan Estates says that in the evening of September 7th, An LED light failed causing smoke and a small flame, the staff at Madigan responded “exceptionally well” to the incident which brown says was a “great test of our training and our emergency plan” Brown went on to say “Everything is fine and everyone is safe. The smoke was mostly from fire extinguishers that staff used on a LED light bulb that had malfunctioned. The patients were first removed from the room and staff responded very professionally and swiftly... Too say the least I am very proud of their response...KUDDOS to them...”

Houlton Fire Department responded to the scene. There were no injuries and the only damage Brown says was to a light fixture