AROOSTOOK COUNTY, Maine - Land management company North Maine Woods, Inc. is advising against recreational travel on roads west of Ashland.
They say current road conditions for traveling are very poor.
According to the company, main roads have washouts and secondary roads remain snow-covered.
Checkpoints are not scheduled to open until May 9th at the very earliest. Below is a list of reported road hazards:
- Flooding at Mile 5 on the Rocky Brook Road. Passage is not recommended at this time.
- Washout at Mile 3 on the Michaud Farm Road in Allagash. Road is not passable.
- Washout at mouth of Hafey Rd near Little Black Ckpt. Road is not passable.
- Washout at Lapomkeag Stream Bridge on the Oxbow Road. Road is not passable.
- Washout at Mile 36 on the Caucomgomoc Rd. Road is not passable.
- Washout reported on the Jack Mtn. Road. Road is not passable.
- Flooding at Umsaskis Bridge on the Realty Road. Road is not passable at this time.
- Washout reported on the Sias Hill Road. Road is not passable.
- Washout on the Greenville Road a mile before the Golden Road intersection. Road not passable.
- Flooding at Lobster Stream on the Lobster Trip Road. Road is not passable.