Two brothers lose home in trailer fire in Patten

Two brothers have lost their home after their trailer caught fire on Sunday in Patten. According to Patten Fire Chief, Robert McNeally, the call came in around 12:30 PM. When they arrived at the trailer, located on Shin Pond Road in Patten, they found Jim and John Harvey's trailer fully involved. According to McNeally, one of Harvey brothers fell asleep on the couch with a lit cigarette, which caused the fire. Both brothers made it out of the home safely. Fire fighters were able to save the back part of the trailer. There were no injuries and there was no damage to any other structures. Four other stations provided mutual aid and fire fighters were pumping water for an hour and a half. McNeally wasn't sure if the trailer was insured. Both Harvey brothers are now staying with relatives.