A roundup of the week's most newsworthy energy industry press releases from PR Newswire
NEW YORK, Dec. 9, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the energy and natural resources industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- American Battery Factory Selects Tucson, Arizona, as Site for its First Battery Cell Gigafactory in United States
The site will serve as ABF's official headquarters and will be the country's largest gigafactory for the production of lithium iron phosphate (LFP) battery cells at approximately 2 million square feet, providing an estimated $1.2 billion in capital investment, $3.1 billion in economic impact to the state and accelerating the growth of the clean energy economy across the country.
- Savant Teams with Sunnova to Deliver Smart Power Solutions
A Savant/Sunnova smart power solution seamlessly monitors and controls energy from the grid as well as home solar systems and generator power, creating an optimized ecosystem for any home.
- DEKRA Opens Vehicle-Grid Innovation Laboratory in Partnership with California Energy Commission
ViGIL seeks to transform the transportation sector by improving the interoperability of electric vehicles and charging infrastructure. It also seeks to increase capacity and throughput of EVSE standards testing and expand testing for electric vehicle charging equipment.
- Future Minerals Forum enlists think tanks to champion innovation and develop thought leadership
By working with industry experts and opinion formers, FMF seeks to shape global conversations on minerals and metals by delivering insights that support the development of the industry, predicated on strict environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles.
- Jacobs Wins New Contract to Support UK Fusion Program
Subject to competition under the framework, Jacobs' project delivery professionals will be embedded in client teams at UKAEA, the U.K.'s national fusion laboratory, to work on some of the world's most advanced research into machine design, robotics, materials science and fusion fuel.
- Cognizant Expands SAP Capabilities for Energy and Utilities Clients with Acquisition of Utegration Rob Vatter, Executive Vice President of Cognizant's Enterprise Platform Services, said, "In bringing together Utegration's experienced, specialist team with our global scale in SAP and digital transformation, we have a strong new set of capabilities designed to address the market's critical transformation needs."
- New Jersey's Last Operating Coal Fired Power Plant Imploded
"The Logan demolition today marks the end of the coal era in New Jersey and a major step towards the state's clean energy future," said Ramón Cruz, President of the Sierra Club. "Battery storage will play an instrumental role in bolstering a clean grid, all without polluting our air or endangering the health of vulnerable communities."
- Inexpensive Catalysts and Syzygy Plasmonics Photoreactors Open the Door for Broader Hydrogen Adoption
The reactors use light instead of heat from combustion to power chemical reactions and can produce clean-burning hydrogen fuel from ammonia.
- Reneum awarded prestigious Filecoin Green grant to supercharge a Web3-powered transition to renewable energy
The two companies are set to address the shortcomings of traditional renewable energy storage solutions for digital environmental assets, paving the way for a new standard of transparency, trust and access to renewable energy markets.
- Duke Energy completes restoration to all customers in Moore County and surrounding counties Approximately 45,000 customers were initially affected when two substations in the county were attacked and vandalized on Saturday. The company continues to work with local, state and federal agencies on the investigation.
- CEP Renewables Completes Largest Landfill Solar Project in North America
This 25.6 megawatt (dc) solar project is located in Mount Olive, New Jersey and has enabled the township to recoup nearly $2.3 million in past taxes while at the same time transitioning the former Combe Fill North Landfill Superfund site into a revenue-generating, clean energy asset.
- U.S. Department of Energy Rolls Out Energy Improvement Grants for Public Schools This historic investment in K-12 public schools will help impoverished and rural school districts across the nation make vital energy improvements to school facilities to achieve more significant cost savings and ultimately create healthier academic environments for all students.
Read more of the latest energy-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNenergy on Twitter.
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
View original content to download multimedia:
SOURCE PR Newswire