A roundup of the week's most newsworthy environment industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a new trade-in program from Hydro Flask and air quality stats around the world.
NEW YORK, March 17, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the environment industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Hydro Flask Launches Category-First Water Bottle Trade-In Program in the US
As a reward for taking the extra step to ensure used products don't end up in a landfill, customers will receive a unique promo code of $5.00 for each used Hydro Flask product returned. The promo code can be used exclusively on Hydroflask.com, including the unique MyHydro™ personalization program.
- IQAir World Air Quality Report 2022 Finds Only 5% of Countries Meet WHO PM2.5 Air Pollution Guideline
Six countries met the WHO PM2.5 guideline (annual average of 5 µg/m3 or less): Australia, Estonia, Finland, Grenada, Iceland, and New Zealand.
- Running Tide Becomes Microsoft's First Open Ocean-Based Carbon Removal Supplier
Running Tide will remove the equivalent of 12,000 tons of carbon dioxide (C02e) over the next two years on behalf of Microsoft. It uses breakthrough technology that accelerates the ocean's ability to naturally remove carbon dioxide, sinking it to the deep ocean in a safe and permanent form.
- OPEC Fund approves over US$300 million in new financing and delivers on its Climate Action Plan
The plan commits the organization to increase the share of its climate financing to 40% of all new financing by 2030 and to mainstream climate action into the project cycle, increasing climate adaptation, mitigation and resilience investments in energy, transport, agriculture, food, water and smart cities.
- From the Sea to the Sky: United Invests $5 Million in Algae-based Fuel Producer Viridos
Viridos' algae-based biofuel technology has the potential to help solve our supply problem without the need for farmland or other agricultural resources and marks United's inaugural investment in its new cross-industry UAV Sustainable Flight Fund.
- World's Largest Tuna Company Leads Call for Restoration of Endangered Species
Thai Union Group PLC, one of the world's leading seafood producers and one of the largest producers of shelf-stable tuna products, announced its commitment to only source from vessels that are implementing best practices to protect ocean wildlife from bycatch.
- LyondellBasell and Grenergy Sign Five 15-year Solar Power Purchase Agreements
The agreements represent about 329,000 megawatt-hours (MWh) of solar power annually, equivalent to the annual electricity consumption of more than 90,000 European homes.
- IBM launches RFP to help accelerate global water management solutions for vulnerable populations
IBM will support projects that can help improve access to safe drinking water for all, improve water quality by reducing pollution, increase water-use efficiency, protect and restore water-related ecosystems, increase sanitation management, and reduce the number of people suffering from water scarcity.
- SOLARCYCLE Raises $30M to Scale Advanced Recycling for the Solar Industry In order to meet the increasing demand for new solar panel production, SOLARCYCLE has developed proprietary technology that can cost-effectively return more than 95% of all the valuable materials, like aluminum, glass, copper, silver, and silicon, back into the solar value chain to help create a sustainable and scalable solar industry.
Read more of the latest environment-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNenv on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for Lion Electric and PureCycle.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at email@example.com.
View original content to download multimedia:
SOURCE PR Newswire