Red Sox vs. Angels Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 24
The Los Angeles Angels (27-23) hope to sweep the Boston Red Sox (26-23) on Wednesday at Angel Stadium of Anaheim, beginning at 9:38 PM ET.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Angels will send Tyler Anderson (1-0) to the mound, while James Paxton (1-0) will get the nod for the Red Sox.
Red Sox vs. Angels Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
- Time: 9:38 PM ET
- TV: BSW
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Venue: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Anderson - LAA (1-0, 5.27 ERA) vs Paxton - BOS (1-0, 2.45 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Red Sox Injury Report|
|Angels vs Red Sox Betting Trends & Stats|
|Angels vs Red Sox Player Props|
|Angels vs Red Sox Prediction|
|How to Watch Angels vs Red Sox|
|Angels vs Red Sox Odds|
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: James Paxton
- Paxton (1-0) starts for the Red Sox, his third this season.
- In his most recent appearance on Saturday, the lefty threw six innings against the San Diego Padres, giving up one earned run while surrendering five hits.
- He has a 2.45 ERA and 11.5 strikeouts per nine innings while opponents are hitting .220 against him over his two games this season.
- Paxton is looking to pick up his second quality start of the season.
- Paxton will try to pitch five or more innings for his third straight appearance. He's averaging 5.5 frames per outing.
Angels Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Tyler Anderson
- The Angels will hand the ball to Anderson (1-0) for his ninth start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Thursday, when he gave up three earned runs and allowed six hits in five innings against the Baltimore Orioles.
- The 33-year-old has pitched in eight games this season with an ERA of 5.27, a 1.29 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.617.
- He has started eight games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in three of them.
- Anderson has pitched five or more innings in five straight games and will look to extend that streak.
Tyler Anderson vs. Red Sox
- The Red Sox have scored 259 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB. They are batting .263 for the campaign with 58 home runs, 13th in the league.
- This season, the left-hander has pitched against the Red Sox in one game, and they have gone 8-for-17 with three doubles, two home runs and six RBI over four innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.